Visit the Learning Commons to look at trees close up. Learn more about trees and why they are important. Visit these links and watch these videos for more information. Go for a walk in the forest and admire Mother Nature's handy work.
Think about the following:
- What makes a tree a tree?
- How should you prepare to go out in the woods to look at trees.
- When we breathe, we give something to trees. What is it?
- What do trees give to us?
- What are the three things we can look at to identify a tree?
- Draw an example of a tree that has opposite branch patterns.
- Draw a picture of a tree that has an alternate branch pattern.
- What kind of branch pattern does a maple have?
- What are three things trees need to live?
Sources for more information: